Literary Cabinet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Zara Sahana's intro message

Go down 
+7
BeautyBlitz
GuardianSaiyoko
Jane
Goldfish
Laura
Tourterelle
Zara Mikazuki
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Number of posts : 6193
Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Zara Sahana's intro message - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zara Sahana's intro message   Zara Sahana's intro message - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 8:02 am

Quote :
Too bad I couldn't find that question. Although, it probably would have given me a heart attack as well. I'm surprised that the fangirls didn't retaliate.

Vancouver is an awesome place, according to my friends. I've never actually been to West Canada, but the states of Ontario and Quebec (since I lived in New England for most of my life).

Speaking of which. No. I don't actually live in Russia (although that would be pretty awesome, considering my obsession with snow). I just wanted to continue the James-Bondesque theme that was permeating my profile. I was looking for a phrase that involved a country and "From Russia with Love" was perfect--it is an Ian Fleming book, movie, and a famous phrase, in general.

And, yes. I am South Indian--Tamil to be more specific (I was born in Chennai-formerly known as Madras). Every heritage is cool in their own way and being Filipino is pretty awesome in its own right. Just out of curiosity. How did you know I was South Indian? Did you guess or did I state so somewhere and totally forgot about it?

Well, that's good to hear. I do hope I get along well in Vancouver. I'm going there this December, after my exams. Like you, I'm obsessed with snow. (Living in a place that has only two seasons; going to a place that actually has snow is pretty exciting!) Speaking of James Bond, I admire your enthusiasm for it. I only watched one James Bond movie and never went back. (Although I never finished it, lol!) I was distracted at the time to take much interest, but I heard there's a new James Bond movie out in theaters now.

I'm completely mixed; not only am I a Filipino, but Chinese and Spanish as well. Very Happy I can speak Tagalog and Chinese fluently, though I haven't quite worked my way up to Spanish yet. And you? Does your ethnicity hold some cool languages?

Now before you think of me as a stalker (whatshisname flashes in brain), I mentioned that I read your profile. Smile
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

Number of posts : 4826
Location : The computer of the Biology Research Lab......procrastinating.
Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways

PostSubject: Re: Zara Sahana's intro message   Zara Sahana's intro message - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 8:17 am

angelsavious wrote:
Quote :
Too bad I couldn't find that question. Although, it probably would have given me a heart attack as well. I'm surprised that the fangirls didn't retaliate.

Vancouver is an awesome place, according to my friends. I've never actually been to West Canada, but the states of Ontario and Quebec (since I lived in New England for most of my life).

Speaking of which. No. I don't actually live in Russia (although that would be pretty awesome, considering my obsession with snow). I just wanted to continue the James-Bondesque theme that was permeating my profile. I was looking for a phrase that involved a country and "From Russia with Love" was perfect--it is an Ian Fleming book, movie, and a famous phrase, in general.

And, yes. I am South Indian--Tamil to be more specific (I was born in Chennai-formerly known as Madras). Every heritage is cool in their own way and being Filipino is pretty awesome in its own right. Just out of curiosity. How did you know I was South Indian? Did you guess or did I state so somewhere and totally forgot about it?

Well, that's good to hear. I do hope I get along well in Vancouver. I'm going there this December, after my exams. Like you, I'm obsessed with snow. (Living in a place that has only two seasons; going to a place that actually has snow is pretty exciting!) Speaking of James Bond, I admire your enthusiasm for it. I only watched one James Bond movie and never went back. (Although I never finished it, lol!) I was distracted at the time to take much interest, but I heard there's a new James Bond movie out in theaters now.

I'm completely mixed; not only am I a Filipino, but Chinese and Spanish as well. Very Happy I can speak Tagalog and Chinese fluently, though I haven't quite worked my way up to Spanish yet. And you? Does your ethnicity hold some cool languages?

Now before you think of me as a stalker (whatshisname flashes in brain), I mentioned that I read your profile. Smile

Do you know what's hysterical about snow? In New England, where I used to live, we'd easily get 1 to 2 feet of snow and we'd still be expected to go to school. Yet here in Texas (yes, I live in Texas now), if 1 cm of snow fell,, they'd call it a snow day and leave.

Ah. James Bond. Well, I just like to have a coordinated profile. For some time it will be 007, then I'll shift to something else later. Enthusiasm? Sure. I'll use the same argument that I use on the Twilighters. It is so unrealistic that it is a fantasy. Yet, honestly. If I went through a day of that, I'd be having the time of my life. But, unlike the obsessed out there, I know it's pure fiction. But who cares? Just as a side note, I was reading an article about how applications to the British Secret Service are at an all-time high, because so many people want the lifestyle of Bond. Talk about people who can't discern fiction from fact.

I plan on spending my winter break after finals playing videogames, posting here on Treehouse, watching James Bond movies, and of course, catching up on my for-fun reading.

You're mixed? That's pretty awesome. I'm just 100% South Indian. In fact, I can claim that I'm a 100% Hindu Brahmin (check caste system) Tamil South Indian. It's like I'm pedigree or something. I also speak Tamil and Spanish, actually. Even though Spanish isn't a native tongue of mine, I've been learning it since I was 6 (in school in first grade). So, by age 17, I'm almost fluent. I just need to build up my vocabulary.

STALKER!!!!
Just kidding...I couldn't resist doing that. Like I said before, I'm probably just exceptionally unobservant.
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.

PostSubject: Re: Zara Sahana's intro message   Zara Sahana's intro message - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 9:05 am

Haha, that made me lol!. A blizzard wouldn't stop the New England people from going to school. I knew it! I knew I read from somewhere here that you live Texas now. So what's it like? Was moving there tough? I could use some pointers. Razz

Speaking of for-fun reading, do you have any books that you enjoyed? I could use some recommendations. Any at all would be appreciated. Smile

Well, hey, good luck with your Spanish! Luckily you're better than me when it comes to Spanish! Hasta luego! Oh, and by the way, advance Merry Christmas!

Last edited by angelsavious on Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

Number of posts : 4826
Location : The computer of the Biology Research Lab......procrastinating.
Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways

PostSubject: Re: Zara Sahana's intro message   Zara Sahana's intro message - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 11:12 pm

Well, in my 17.5 years of life, I've moved maybe 6 or 7 times, so the transition wasn't nearly as bad. Obviously the weather was a BIG shock. I also went through quite the cultural shock. In New England, things were quiet and small. Apparently (and not surprisingly), they like it BIGGER in Texas. It is so flat and commercial here, in contrast to the tall forests and mountains (no joke) of New England.

I think that just going to school and college will help ease the transition. Especcially with regard to high school and college. You are very likely to meet people who share your interests. Don't be shy to make the first step. Easy for me to say, considering how many times I've moved. But, chances are really high that the other people are also nervous about amking the first step. Honestly, don't worry about being awkward-people will love you for that courage.

But, when I moved to Texas, I had a solid 2 months to wile away before school reopened. So what I think you should do is just wander around the city/town/wherever and get a general gist of what's going on. Is it quiet? Is it teeming with people? Is there an active nightlife culture? Is it a small-town and calm surrounding? You'll never know until you take that car (or bike, or walk, etc.) and explore the place. Hold onto a map for sure, but don't freak out about trying something new. Visit the local shops, restaurants, museums, etc. I did this and I recognized a few people when I first started school.

Good luck with your move!

SUCCESS! I just checked my college apps and I got into University of Texas, Austin under Chemical Engineering. I'm so happy...time to go and celebrate. I'll update later about books I like.
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

PostSubject: Re: Zara Sahana's intro message   Zara Sahana's intro message - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 11:29 am

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Well, in my 17.5 years of life, I've moved maybe 6 or 7 times, so the transition wasn't nearly as bad. Obviously the weather was a BIG shock. I also went through quite the cultural shock. In New England, things were quiet and small. Apparently (and not surprisingly), they like it BIGGER in Texas. It is so flat and commercial here, in contrast to the tall forests and mountains (no joke) of New England.

I think that just going to school and college will help ease the transition. Especcially with regard to high school and college. You are very likely to meet people who share your interests. Don't be shy to make the first step. Easy for me to say, considering how many times I've moved. But, chances are really high that the other people are also nervous about amking the first step. Honestly, don't worry about being awkward-people will love you for that courage.

But, when I moved to Texas, I had a solid 2 months to wile away before school reopened. So what I think you should do is just wander around the city/town/wherever and get a general gist of what's going on. Is it quiet? Is it teeming with people? Is there an active nightlife culture? Is it a small-town and calm surrounding? You'll never know until you take that car (or bike, or walk, etc.) and explore the place. Hold onto a map for sure, but don't freak out about trying something new. Visit the local shops, restaurants, museums, etc. I did this and I recognized a few people when I first started school.

Good luck with your move!

SUCCESS! I just checked my college apps and I got into University of Texas, Austin under Chemical Engineering. I'm so happy...time to go and celebrate. I'll update later about books I like.

Thanks for the advice, Zara. This will help me a lot.

BIG CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU! Wow, that's so great! Good luck to you, too! Chemical Engineering? Dang, isn't that hard? My former tutor told me that it's difficult...but it pays well, though. GOOD LUCK! *hands virtual champagne* But considering how you're so knowledgeable in that area, you'll have no problem at all!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zara Sahana's intro message   Zara Sahana's intro message - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Zara Sahana's intro message
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2