Literary Cabinet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Trading in Memories by Barbara Hodgson

Go down 

How did you like "Trading in Memories"?
Trading in Memories by Barbara Hodgson I_vote_lcap0%Trading in Memories by Barbara Hodgson I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Trading in Memories by Barbara Hodgson I_vote_lcap0%Trading in Memories by Barbara Hodgson I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
Trading in Memories by Barbara Hodgson I_vote_lcap100%Trading in Memories by Barbara Hodgson I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 1 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

AuthorMessage
Laura
Admin
Laura

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Trading in Memories by Barbara Hodgson Empty
PostSubject: Trading in Memories by Barbara Hodgson   Trading in Memories by Barbara Hodgson EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 1:48 pm

This is another of Barbara Hodgson's wonderfully designed non-fiction books - I've read the other two, and enjoyed every second. My brother gave "Trading in memories" to me for Christmas, and I read it in one sitting. It depicts the author's trips to flea markets and antique shops around the world, with many images.

It is a survey more than an in-depth look at places. However, the places are not meant to be the centre of attention, it's the things and the people that count. You don't need a detailed analysis of, say, Paris to be able to appreciate stories from its many flea markets. Having travelled a little myself, I especially appreciate the description of markets I've visited myself (it's always nice to get a second perspective).

Of course, it takes a special sort of reader to appreciate a book about buying more or less useless stuff around the world - but for those, this book is wonderful.
Back to top Go down
https://literarycabinet.forumotion.com

Trading in Memories by Barbara Hodgson
Page 1 of 1