Literary Cabinet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Book flea market!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Laura
Admin
Laura

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Book flea market! Empty
PostSubject: Book flea market!   Book flea market! EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 2:14 pm

This weekend we have a large book flea market in the city, and I went yesterday with my two best friends. You cannot possibly imagine the dimensions - I think there might have been around 20,000 books, just about everything you can imagine - classics, recent novels, non fiction, drama, school books, anything really. I bought twenty books, most of them almost new, including three large pictorials, and I paid - hold your breath - €5, that is around $7.50. I was literally thrilled the entire afternoon, and I am still hovering over these new books. I just love this market! Smile
Back to top Go down
https://literarycabinet.forumotion.com
Paul
Admin
Paul

Number of posts : 3518
Dictionary Definition : Dictionary Definition: Paul-One of the few male LC creatures known to exist, this specimen is one of the eldest in the LC universe. This specimen is known to work long hours but still makes time to commingle with fellow LC denizens. This being has a peculiar sense of humor and has been observed to shun smilies, although this aversion has been lessening as of late.
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Book flea market! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book flea market!   Book flea market! EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 3:03 pm

*Paul books flight to Germany*

How long does this flea market last? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.

Book flea market! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book flea market!   Book flea market! EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 4:02 pm

Um... another 58 minutes Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

Dictionary Definition : Dictionary Definition: Paul-One of the few male LC creatures known to exist, this specimen is one of the eldest in the LC universe. This specimen is known to work long hours but still makes time to commingle with fellow LC denizens. This being has a peculiar sense of humor and has been observed to shun smilies, although this aversion has been lessening as of late.

Book flea market! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book flea market!   Book flea market! EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 4:15 pm

Laura wrote:

I wonder if NASA has anything that will get me there that fast? Razz
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Book flea market! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book flea market!   Book flea market! EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 4:40 pm

Paul wrote:
Laura wrote:

I wonder if NASA has anything that will get me there that fast? Razz

Well, I have actually heard about a new superjet that will take you to Australia in 45 minutes, complete with a stopover on Jupiter... Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Book flea market! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book flea market!   Book flea market! EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 5:45 am

Ooooh, book me a flight as well!
Back to top Go down
March Hare
March Hare

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Book flea market! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book flea market!   Book flea market! EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 9:17 am

I can't believe your luck. Or rather, the absence of mine.
There's some sort of bizarre here every year. I hope to get some cheap books there, but that's in April. I don't think I could 20 books for the same price you got them for though.
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Book flea market! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book flea market!   Book flea market! EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 12:14 am

Well, I had a very kind shopman. He looked at the bags of books we had collected, then asked for €5 from my two friends, and €7 from me, because I had more books, but then changed to €5 each after we looked at him pleadingly for a few seconds Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

Book flea market! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book flea market!   Book flea market! EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 12:01 pm

HappyGoLucky wrote:
Well, I had a very kind shopman. He looked at the bags of books we had collected, then asked for €5 from my two friends, and €7 from me, because I had more books, but then changed to €5 each after we looked at him pleadingly for a few seconds Very Happy

Why do I have the feeling he would have looked at me and charged me 10? Razz
Back to top Go down

Book flea market! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book flea market!   Book flea market! EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 1:24 pm

Sorry, Paul. I guess you just don't have the power of melting hearts she does .... siiiigh
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

Book flea market! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book flea market!   Book flea market! EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 4:52 pm

Freya wrote:
Sorry, Paul. I guess you just don't have the power of melting hearts she does .... siiiigh

Hey now! Just because I'm a big galoot who can't get out of his own way half the time, that doesn't mean I can't...nope, I can't write this and keep a straight face. You're right. I could have never charmed that bookseller. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Book flea market! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book flea market!   Book flea market! Empty

Back to top Go down

Book flea market!
Page 1 of 1