Literary Cabinet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Kite Runner

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Laura
Admin
Laura

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.
Registration date : 2008-12-02

The Kite Runner Empty
PostSubject: The Kite Runner   The Kite Runner EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 9:31 am

Today somebody again recommened "The Kite Runner" to me. I have bought this novel a while back, and have tried to read it. I failed in chapter 3, simply because neither the style of writing, nor the storyline captured me.

I have heard a lot of good things about it, though, and wondered if someone here had read it and what you thought of it. Perhaps that can get me going again I love you
Back to top Go down
https://literarycabinet.forumotion.com
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Number of posts : 7942
Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

The Kite Runner Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Kite Runner   The Kite Runner EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 3:03 pm

I read "The Kite Runner" awhile ago. I liked it well enough, but the description is definitely overdone, and that gets tiresome. It balanced out for me, though, because I actually was captured by the storyline.

I say give it another shot; read past chapter 3. If worst comes to worst, you can drop it again.
Back to top Go down
Jane
Master
Master
Jane

Number of posts : 1077
Dictionary Definition : Jane: Also known as "Ally," "Allison," and "freshmeat," this female Homo Sapiens specimen has proven herself a strong member of the Literary Cabinet world. One can recognize "Jane" by her taste in, especially older, men, many of them classic fictional characters, as well as her distinct fear of drama class auditions. Like many of the other species in the Literary Cabinet Universe, she is crazy in her own right.
Registration date : 2008-12-04

The Kite Runner Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Kite Runner   The Kite Runner EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 6:51 pm

I read The Kite Runner about a year ago, and liked it well enough. The writing isn't great, but I enjoyed the storyline a lot. It's worth you trying to read it again, I think. Give it a few more chapters and see if the story picks up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Kite Runner Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Kite Runner   The Kite Runner Empty

Back to top Go down

The Kite Runner
Page 1 of 1