Literary Cabinet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Have you ever...?

Go down 
+7
Jane
punkrockableprincess15
Kaira
Louisa
Zara Mikazuki
Tourterelle
Paul
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage

Have you ever...? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have you ever...?   Have you ever...? - Page 8 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 11:29 am

Mad Mad Mad Only at every family reunion. (Asia, y'know. Iffy stuff tends to end up on your plate) Razz Razz Razz

Ever bitten your tongue (hard) to keep yourself from unleashing a stinging riposte? (We all know the phrase, but have you ever done that?)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever...?   Have you ever...? - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 7:29 am

Far too often. If I do it again, my tongue is going to end up with two holes in it, in the shape of my two front teeth.

Have you ever ... hidden the TV remote so that no one else could change the channel?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever...?   Have you ever...? - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 3:30 pm

We don't have cable in our house, (I think the TV here is trashier than other countries, anyway) but I have hidden it once or twice in other places, when I got sick of my mother crying over soap operas that had awful storylines, laughable acting, and WAY too much angst.

Ever been through an identity crisis?
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

Number of posts : 3518
Dictionary Definition : Dictionary Definition: Paul-One of the few male LC creatures known to exist, this specimen is one of the eldest in the LC universe. This specimen is known to work long hours but still makes time to commingle with fellow LC denizens. This being has a peculiar sense of humor and has been observed to shun smilies, although this aversion has been lessening as of late.
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever...?   Have you ever...? - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 11:34 pm

No, not really. I've always known who I am and what I want to do. The problem lies in being secure enough to show your true self to others. To my shame, I cannot count the number of times I have pretended to be something other than who I am because I felt this was the only way that others would accept and approve of me. I have worn many masks in my life and, yes, sometimes I still do. I'm getting sick of it. That is why the Emerson quote in my signature means so much to me. It's so true.

Have you ever laid on the ground on a crisp autumn night and watched the constellations chart their paths overhead?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever...?   Have you ever...? - Page 8 EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 8:22 am

No. But on summer nights when I was a kid, I used to lie on the back of my dad's truck and look up at the stars ...

Have you ever ... stared at the patterns in the tiles or wallpaper and made little shapes out of them (i.e. a duck or a car)?

Back to top Go down
Jen
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
Jen

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2010-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever...?   Have you ever...? - Page 8 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 12:02 am

Yes I have! I have a thing about patterns....

Have you ever... slipped and fell in the same puddle twice?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever...?   Have you ever...? - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 9:44 am

Nope, thankfully . I have, however, slipped from one puddle to another and another until I hit the ground. Embarassed

Ever had a close friend blurt out (either accidentally or on purpose) a skeleton in the closet, so to speak?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever...?   Have you ever...? - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 9:56 am

No, but I've had them whisper it to "just one" other person. And that person has told everyone. Okay. I was 11 years old at the time. I guess I should try to get over it.

Have you ever ... sang along to the song on your iPod or MP3 and then had other people stare at you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever...?   Have you ever...? - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 10:03 am

Gosh, I hate it when that happens. "But, I'll tell them not to tell anyone!"

Only all the time. My sister does it worse than me, though. Utter shamelessness in her off-key singing. Makes me cringe. I never share an earphone with her, ever. Razz

Ever muttered a smartass comeback under your breath, only to have the recipient pick it up?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever...?   Have you ever...? - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 10:19 am

rofl Yes! I used to work in a supermarket. A customer wanted her shopping bags overloaded, to the point where they were impossible for me to lift and place in her shopping trolley which is against store policy. I informed her of the store's policies and she told me she didn't care and that she wouldn't leave the store until I damn well did what I was told. It was a Saturday morning and I knew there were going to be huge problems if she did not leave. As I heaved her bag inside the trolley I muttered, "gee why don't you break my back and be done with it?" Not only did the woman hear, but she made a complaint to the manager as well. She told him that she would never shop at the store again, because I had been so unreasonable and was just so rude to her. Not only did the manager give her a full apology and a $50 gift voucher to spend in store, but I got a written warning as well - all for following store policy.

Have you ever ... wanted to insert that little picture of the pink dancing elephant into one of your posts for no reason at all?

elephant elephant elephant elephant elephant elephant elephant
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever...?   Have you ever...? - Page 8 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 6:08 am

Countless times. I usually do it when congratulating someone, where I also insert Nicholle dancing in her banana suit. (after her fifth martini) Razz banana

That's a funny story, Kathryn. I hate people like that.

Did you ever, really believe in Santa Claus? xmascapgrin reindeer2
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

Dictionary Definition : Dictionary Definition: Paul-One of the few male LC creatures known to exist, this specimen is one of the eldest in the LC universe. This specimen is known to work long hours but still makes time to commingle with fellow LC denizens. This being has a peculiar sense of humor and has been observed to shun smilies, although this aversion has been lessening as of late.

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever...?   Have you ever...? - Page 8 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 2:16 pm

Sure, when I was really young. Then, as I got a bit older, I still pretended to "believe" in Santa because I knew I would get more gifts that way. I milked that cash cow as long as I could. Razz

Have you ever been woken up in the middle of the night by a big charley horse (cramp) in your leg?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever...?   Have you ever...? - Page 8 EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 9:59 am

Heh, that's the way to go, Paul!
Sigh. Only every other week. And it takes like, at least 1/2 hour to go away, while I'm wishing for morphine. Sad

Ever had something going SO good for you, and had reality crash in and screw everything up? (this may or may not reflect what's happening to me right now Razz)
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever...?   Have you ever...? - Page 8 EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 1:33 pm

Oh yes. *Paul travels back in time 27 years, to his first serious heartbreak* Yup, there it is.
Whatever may be happening (or may not be happening, right, Lilli? Wink ) to you right now, I hope the bad stuff doesn't last. My shoulder's available to be leaned on if you need it.

Have you ever been reminded of someone from your past just by a certain random scent?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever...?   Have you ever...? - Page 8 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 2:48 pm

Thanks, Paul, I may take you up on that. Tomorrow I'm going to plant myself by the phone and stare at it like a complete loser.

Oh, gosh, just last week I was digging in my mom's drawer for something and I got a whiff of the multivitamins she used to make me take (I got semi addicted to them) and was whisked back two years to the days where me and my brother would have American Pie marathons. Also the first time I started reading Jodi Picoult and Alexander Dumas. Good times! Wink

Ever fallen off your bike?
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever...?   Have you ever...? - Page 8 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 4:48 pm

No problem, Lilli.

Oh yes, I was quite the daredevil in my pre-teen years. My friends and I used to fashion ramps and jump our bikes over them just like our pre-teen idol Evel Knievel did with his motorcycle. And keep in mind, this is when nobody even thought about wearing helmets while on a bicycle. One time I was on a hill overlooking a pond. A very steep trail led down to the pond and veered off to the right. One of my friends dared me to ride my bike down that trail and make that turn, and of course I took him up on that dare Rolling Eyes . At the bottom my front tire hit a rock and I went flying over my handlebars right into the pond. Fortunately I was all right, but boy did my mother give me hell for getting soaked like that! (Needless to say I did not tell her how I got that soaked).

Have you ever ridden a motorized dirt bike?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever...?   Have you ever...? - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 5:32 am

Nope, but it sounds like fun.
(what DID you tell your mother?)

Ever acted very immaturely and felt incredibly good about it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever...?   Have you ever...? - Page 8 EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 10:15 am

lol! Yes. On the day after my 21st birthday, a friend and I visited a local playground and played on the seesaw and swings. It was sort of a memorial to our childhoods, I guess.

Have you ever ... secretly wished you could travel back in time?
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever...?   Have you ever...? - Page 8 EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 1:54 pm

Oh yes, several times. That "if I only knew then what I know now" phrase has haunted me more than once.

Have you ever watched as someone either was about to step on or sit on something nasty, went to say something but didn't, then just watched and walked away after they did it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever...?   Have you ever...? - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 12:03 am

Yeah. Not proud of it.

Ever looked at someone and thought for a split second that he/she was a celebrity/famous figure?
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever...?   Have you ever...? - Page 8 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 3:29 pm

No, but a few years ago when I was in Florida I saw someone very close to me that I did not recognize, then later found out was the actor John Lithgow.

Have you ever clicked on a link to someone's website, someone you kinda know, then have your antivirus software block entry and tell you the site is potentially dangerous? (Which is what is happening to me right now with Just Like That's website from Y!A B&A, and I don't know why. I asked Jen about it, as I know she and others from B&A go there, and she has no problems)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever...?   Have you ever...? - Page 8 EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 4:32 pm

Yeah, but his website had got hacked and WAS dangerous -- he fixed it eventually.

Anyway -

Ever come home to your entire family staring at you and think, "okay, what've I done now?" Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever...?   Have you ever...? - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 12:01 pm

When I was younger, oh yes. Sometimes I would wonder "This could be for any number of things. What is this going to be for?"

Have you ever lain awake at night wondering if you were going to be caught out for a lie you told?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever...?   Have you ever...? - Page 8 EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 12:46 am

Please don't remind me. silent silent Wink

Ever gone to the cinema and had someone close to you making the most ANNOYING laughs, commentary, or whatever noise?
Back to top Go down
Jen
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
Jen

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2010-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever...?   Have you ever...? - Page 8 EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 3:38 am

Yes.. but honestly... sometimes I AM that person... unless I go alone which is almost all the time...If I'm with people... I talk. I saw Sherlock Holmes with a friend and we commented on everything.

Have you ever.... Gone on a fishing trip, but really "hate" fishing?

(My friend is trying to talk me into taking her camping. I personally love camping, but she's a city girl and knows next to nothing about the outdoors. I know how to fish, but I absolutely HATE it--If you haven't noticed-- I'm super hyper -- I had 4 cups of coffee in the last 2 hours while I was at work..hehe) Arrow
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever...?   Have you ever...? - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Have you ever...?
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Literary Cabinet :: Miscellaneous :: Games-
Jump to: