Literary Cabinet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I'm in your forum, taking up space.

Go down 
+7
Laura
BeautyBlitz
Epiphany
Medusa
Goldfish
Kelsey
Miss Clyde
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Miss Clyde
Miss Clyde

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-12-04

I'm in your forum, taking up space. Empty
PostSubject: I'm in your forum, taking up space.   I'm in your forum, taking up space. EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 1:53 am

Well, hi there people of this world. I have Epiphany to thank for introducing me to this forum. I guess I should put something in here about myself...
Well, I'm 14, a freshman in high school (ugh). I'm mature for my age, and people often tell me to keep my mouth shut whenever I answer questions that others don't understand in history and english. Another time when people tell me to keep my mouth shut is whenever I get too loud (which is usually when I rant or get pissed or just want to be heard). I've been told I could be a genius if I put some effort into it. Too bad I'm so lazy amd I don't want to be mentally instable. I sing random songs at random times, most of which are inappropriate. I've been in a relationship with classic literature ever since breaking up with young-adult books. I enjoyed Animal Farm by George Orwell, Catch-22 by Joseph Heller, and Things Fall Apart (I don't want to put the author because I know I'll screw up the spelling).
I love to write. I have a writer's cafe account: www.writerscafe.org/Clyde-chan. I've one two awards, so I guess I'm doing something right. I'm not particular to any genre, I just let things spill out on paper.
Other random things:
Music I like: Classic rock: Zeppelin, Iron Maiden, AC/DC, The Who, The Beatles. Alternative Rock: Evans Blue, Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace, Crossfade, Eve 6, Deftones, Team Sleep, Katatonia, Lacuna Coil. Japanese: Minmi, Kanon Wakeshima, L`arc~en~ciel, Uverworld, Asian Kung-Fu Generation, Home Made Kozoku. Christian: Skillet, Thousand Foot Krutch, POD, Pillar, Fireflight, Superchick, Falling Up, Audio Adenaline, 12 Stones. Others include John Mayer, Kerli Koiv, and Rage Against the Machine. I love music.
Shows I like: The Office, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, The Soup, Family Guy, Spongebob Squarepants, Robot Chicken, Reba, Fresh Prince in Bel-Air, Roseanne.
Anime I like: Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop, Death Note, Naruto, Bleach, Blood+, Trinity Blood, Code Geass, Wolf's Rain, Higurashi, and others.
Manga I like: Heaven!!, Aria, Vampire Knight, Vampire Doll, X/1999
Movies I like: Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Forrest Gump, The Phantom of the Opera, Rain Man, Wayne's World, What About Bob?, Caddyshack.

Oh dear, I'm rambling. So yeah. Oh! I should put an explanation for my name (you don't have to read this). Me and my friends are insane. In middle school, our play was High School Musical (ugh) and my friend and I stole the script. My friend, Alyssa, played Chad in our parody. She invented a role for me. Chad's twin brother, Clyde. It stuck. Everyone in school calls me Clyde now. And Dayman, but that's another story for another time...
So yeah... lol!
-Godspeed
Back to top Go down
http://www.writerscafe.org/Clyde-chan
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

Number of posts : 2780
Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: I'm in your forum, taking up space.   I'm in your forum, taking up space. EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 2:01 am

Welcome to the Treehouse, as it is now being affectionately referred to. I'm still Kelsey.

My rant: Ah! We are almost twins! I'm a freshman, too. However, people don't tell me to shut my mouth because I don't often speak loudly (though I do speak in a low voice to the three nearest people who often seem to enjoy my commentary on whatever the current goings-on are).
We should be buddies on WritersCafe. I can't remember my account name, but when I do, I'll add you. I haven't posted anything, but I'm working on an experimental Mary Sue novel.
I'm a total music freak (nearly as much as I am a word nerd). I play the flute (geek much). Anyway, I like most of those bands you mentioned. I adore Christian rock and Alternative. I go anywhere from the light classical to screamo, which surprises everyone (apparently I look pretty un-screamo-listening).
Back to top Go down
Goldfish
Goldfish

Number of posts : 226

PostSubject: Re: I'm in your forum, taking up space.   I'm in your forum, taking up space. EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 2:01 am

Nice to meet you, Miss Clyde! Welcome to the forum.

You're not the only one who's been told to shut their mouth when getting too loud, or answering questions that others can't, although the subjects were different.

I have an account on writerscafe.org as well, but have been too lazy to really post anything on there. I have accounts on all of the sites people recommend on Y!A, actually, but again, I'm too lazy to post anything on there.

I like most of the shows you've listed and have watched some faithfully. Now I don't watch that much TV, though. Er...my name, if anybody wants the explanation, I've decided is a tribute to all the goldfish that I've had die (all of them), since I've had more goldfish as pets than any other animal.

I hope we'll be seeing you around, though!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Medusa
Medusa

Number of posts : 270

PostSubject: Re: I'm in your forum, taking up space.   I'm in your forum, taking up space. EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 2:46 am

Welcome to the Literary Cabinet!

I'm too shy to post anything that I've written on web, though I should probably check out WritersCafe. I used to watch Reba, and Fresh Prince in Bel-Air when I was younger. My childhood!

*clears throat*

Ahem, anyway, welcome to the forums and check out the smileys!

geek
Back to top Go down
Epiphany
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
Epiphany

Number of posts : 60

PostSubject: Re: I'm in your forum, taking up space.   I'm in your forum, taking up space. EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 3:11 am

Miss Clyde wrote:
I'm mature for my age, and people often tell me to keep my mouth shut whenever I answer questions that others don't understand in history and english. Another time when people tell me to keep my mouth shut is whenever I get too loud (which is usually when I rant or get pissed or just want to be heard). I've been told I could be a genius if I put some effort into it.

Story of my life. My history class hates me, ha.

Welcome to the boards!
Back to top Go down
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru
BeautyBlitz

Number of posts : 1882
Dictionary Definition : Rodent - Homo Rodentiensis is a typical LC creature. Always ready to laugh about stupidity, this being has long occupied a special moderator status on the LC. As one of the very few LC creatures who actually can get and keep a partner, she is the object of constant envy. Though madness is not part of the average Rodents characteristics, this particular feature can at times be subject to change, especially when striken by severe sleep deprivation.
Awards : I'm in your forum, taking up space. 1st_place
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: I'm in your forum, taking up space.   I'm in your forum, taking up space. EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 10:09 am

Welcome aboard!

You may have seen me on Y!A as BeautyBlitz, Butter Tart or more recently Merry Christmas. You have some good taste in music by the way.

Have Fun.

study
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.

PostSubject: Re: I'm in your forum, taking up space.   I'm in your forum, taking up space. EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 11:21 am

Epiphany wrote:
Miss Clyde wrote:
I'm mature for my age, and people often tell me to keep my mouth shut whenever I answer questions that others don't understand in history and english. Another time when people tell me to keep my mouth shut is whenever I get too loud (which is usually when I rant or get pissed or just want to be heard). I've been told I could be a genius if I put some effort into it.

Story of my life. My history class hates me, ha.

Welcome to the boards!

Hi there Miss Clyde! First of all, welcome to the treehouse! Smile And second: Don't let them bother you. All of my classes have always hated me for being the smart kid - it's a blessing and a curse Wink
Back to top Go down
https://literarycabinet.forumotion.com
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru
BeautyBlitz

Number of posts : 1882
Dictionary Definition : Rodent - Homo Rodentiensis is a typical LC creature. Always ready to laugh about stupidity, this being has long occupied a special moderator status on the LC. As one of the very few LC creatures who actually can get and keep a partner, she is the object of constant envy. Though madness is not part of the average Rodents characteristics, this particular feature can at times be subject to change, especially when striken by severe sleep deprivation.
Awards : I'm in your forum, taking up space. 1st_place

PostSubject: Re: I'm in your forum, taking up space.   I'm in your forum, taking up space. EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 11:23 am

If it's worth anything, I love being friends with people smarter than myself. It was through my friend Susan's help that I passed math 10 and 11. I had REALLY BAD teachers and I am HORRIBLE at math. Susan is a math genius! I miss Susan. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Number of posts : 7942
Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.

PostSubject: Re: I'm in your forum, taking up space.   I'm in your forum, taking up space. EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 12:29 pm

Hey, Clyde. Nice to see you here! Very Happy

Quote :

People tell me to shut up all the time in English, but I'm not quite as loud as you. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm in your forum, taking up space.   I'm in your forum, taking up space. EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 12:47 pm

Hey Clyde. Seems like a lot of people here are teenage girls sick and tired of "what must not be named" and searching for like-minded literature lovers ............ hmmm
Back to top Go down
GuardianSaiyoko
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
GuardianSaiyoko

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: I'm in your forum, taking up space.   I'm in your forum, taking up space. EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 6:18 pm

Heyla, Miss Clyde! Welcome to the forums. I have to quit sleeping in the daytime, I keep missing people. You may be the only person I've ever run across with taste in music as eclectic as my own.

Since there's a couple of name explanations in here... I, uh, don't really have a decent explanation. I picked Saiyoko by having a friend give me vowels and consonants without telling her what for, mixed them up a bit, and got Saiyoko. I probably would have changed it by now, but by the time I wanted to I'd been using GuardianSaiyoko on fanfiction.net too long too change it. (I wrote a bunch of stories on a dare and, in a manner that escapes me, they became popular. Suspect )
Back to top Go down
https://home.comcast.net/~dragedatter/
Miss Clyde
Miss Clyde

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: I'm in your forum, taking up space.   I'm in your forum, taking up space. EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 1:34 am

Tourterelle wrote:
Hey, Clyde. Nice to see you here! Very Happy

Quote :

People tell me to shut up all the time in English, but I'm not quite as loud as you. Wink

Ha! Unfortunately, I don't think anyone is. Even when there are a ton of screaming girls in my class, I'm somehow always the loudest. It's embarrasing sometimes. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
http://www.writerscafe.org/Clyde-chan
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

Number of posts : 4826
Location : The computer of the Biology Research Lab......procrastinating.
Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways

PostSubject: Re: I'm in your forum, taking up space.   I'm in your forum, taking up space. EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 1:40 am

Hey Ms. Clyde,

Welcome to our beloved Treehouse, our haven from the "ignorant" world.

As a 17-year-old senior, I can only agree with you regarding high school. I'm not a fan of insulting without reason--oh wait, there is a reason--but most high-schoolers are idiots. I only have a few intelligent friends that I can converse with.

But you see, that is where Treehouse comes in. We get to meet other people a LOT like ourselves. So, welcome flower !
Back to top Go down
Coffee Spoons
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
Coffee Spoons

Number of posts : 58

PostSubject: Re: I'm in your forum, taking up space.   I'm in your forum, taking up space. EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 2:36 am

Hey there Ms. Clyde! It's anti-everythingwithtoomanyfans. But now I'm Coffee Spoons because I'm thinking I need to adopt a more chill persona and as you know, I love T.S. Eliot. I'm really glad you're here and I honestly think you might be my long lost twin because we are creepily alike. Anyway, welcome to the Treehouse.

Oh and on a side note: IM me at klelos123?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm in your forum, taking up space.   I'm in your forum, taking up space. Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm in your forum, taking up space.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Literary Cabinet :: Welcome :: Introduce yourselves here :)-
Jump to: