Literary Cabinet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I've finished Gemma Doyle, and I'm in the middle of Other Boleyn Girl

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Laura
Admin
Laura

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.
Registration date : 2008-12-02

I've finished Gemma Doyle, and I'm in the middle of Other Boleyn Girl Empty
PostSubject: Re: I've finished Gemma Doyle, and I'm in the middle of Other Boleyn Girl   I've finished Gemma Doyle, and I'm in the middle of Other Boleyn Girl EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 1:20 pm

LuthienT wrote:
Haha, I knew it was pretty historically inaccurate, but I liked the performances by Cate Blanchett and Geoffrey Rush.

So I, Elizabeth is historically accurate? How old is she when the book starts?

She's still a child, it starts with her first memories. Well, it is historically accurate in the sense that it uses all the available sources and tries to create a picture that is in line with what we can gather about Elizabeth from the sources - of course, it is largely fictional. We cannot know what exactly she thought at any given moment. But still, I liked it because it was in line with the letters, orders, poems etc. that I had read before.
Back to top Go down
https://literarycabinet.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: I've finished Gemma Doyle, and I'm in the middle of Other Boleyn Girl   I've finished Gemma Doyle, and I'm in the middle of Other Boleyn Girl EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 5:08 am

Haha, I knew it was pretty historically inaccurate, but I liked the performances by Cate Blanchett and Geoffrey Rush.

So I, Elizabeth is historically accurate? How old is she when the book starts?
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.

PostSubject: Re: I've finished Gemma Doyle, and I'm in the middle of Other Boleyn Girl   I've finished Gemma Doyle, and I'm in the middle of Other Boleyn Girl EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 4:59 pm

LuthienT wrote:
I always liked Elizabeth, the Virgin Queen, with Cate Blanchett.

Well... I have worked on Elizabeth quite a bit, wrote papers, took exams, that kind of thing, and then I went to watch the movie... Let me put it this way, they could at least have done their homework Smile

The image Miles gives is much more accurate, and beautifully written, too. I must have read it three times. book2 book2 book2
Back to top Go down
March Hare
March Hare

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: I've finished Gemma Doyle, and I'm in the middle of Other Boleyn Girl   I've finished Gemma Doyle, and I'm in the middle of Other Boleyn Girl EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 8:05 am

Try Persuasion by Jane Austen. Razz book1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I've finished Gemma Doyle, and I'm in the middle of Other Boleyn Girl   I've finished Gemma Doyle, and I'm in the middle of Other Boleyn Girl EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 7:14 am

I always liked Elizabeth, the Virgin Queen, with Cate Blanchett.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I've finished Gemma Doyle, and I'm in the middle of Other Boleyn Girl   I've finished Gemma Doyle, and I'm in the middle of Other Boleyn Girl EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 7:12 am

Thanks!!!
It's about Lizzy the I, right?
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

PostSubject: Re: I've finished Gemma Doyle, and I'm in the middle of Other Boleyn Girl   I've finished Gemma Doyle, and I'm in the middle of Other Boleyn Girl EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 11:13 am

After that, you might like to have a look at "I, Elizabeth" by Rosalind Miles. It's a wonderful novel, and fairly close to the true events.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: I've finished Gemma Doyle, and I'm in the middle of Other Boleyn Girl   I've finished Gemma Doyle, and I'm in the middle of Other Boleyn Girl EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 2:02 am

Hi,
I recently finished the Gemma Doyle trilogy. (THNX to Aki F./Talkatoast for the heads up!!!) and I'm on The Other Boleyn Girl by Phillipa Gregory. Any recommendations of novels after this? Or what I should expect in the Other Boleyn Girl?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've finished Gemma Doyle, and I'm in the middle of Other Boleyn Girl   I've finished Gemma Doyle, and I'm in the middle of Other Boleyn Girl Empty

Back to top Go down

I've finished Gemma Doyle, and I'm in the middle of Other Boleyn Girl
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Literary Cabinet :: Archive-
Jump to: