Literary Cabinet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Is this at all right?

Go down 
+2
denizenofevil
Jane
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Number of posts : 6193
Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Is this at all right? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this at all right?   Is this at all right? EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 12:33 am

Aww, good for you, Jane! Told you it would work out! clapping bouncy thumbs joint victory
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

Number of posts : 4826
Location : The computer of the Biology Research Lab......procrastinating.
Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways

PostSubject: Re: Is this at all right?   Is this at all right? EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 11:15 pm

Jane wrote:
cheers cheers cheers I finished it! I don't even have to talk to him about the eassy because I finished it! I'm so excited right now. It wasn't pure genius (I ran out of comparison ideas, and ended up talking about how they both had straight, white teeth), but it was a thousand words. That's all that matters. Most people (much to my annoyance) didn't even try to get 1000+ words. They ended up with half a page when I had around four. I'm so relieved! bouncy

cheers bouncy clapping YAY!!! clapping bouncy cheers
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Number of posts : 7942
Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Is this at all right?   Is this at all right? EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 9:40 pm

Jane wrote:
cheers cheers cheers I finished it! I don't even have to talk to him about the eassy because I finished it! I'm so excited right now. It wasn't pure genius (I ran out of comparison ideas, and ended up talking about how they both had straight, white teeth), but it was a thousand words. That's all that matters. Most people (much to my annoyance) didn't even try to get 1000+ words. They ended up with half a page when I had around four. I'm so relieved! bouncy

clapping Yay! Good job, Jane!
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Is this at all right?   Is this at all right? EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 9:39 pm

Congratulations, Jane! That is so great!! huuuug Feeling better now, I guess? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://literarycabinet.forumotion.com
Jane
Master
Master
Jane

Number of posts : 1077
Dictionary Definition : Jane: Also known as "Ally," "Allison," and "freshmeat," this female Homo Sapiens specimen has proven herself a strong member of the Literary Cabinet world. One can recognize "Jane" by her taste in, especially older, men, many of them classic fictional characters, as well as her distinct fear of drama class auditions. Like many of the other species in the Literary Cabinet Universe, she is crazy in her own right.

PostSubject: Re: Is this at all right?   Is this at all right? EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 9:37 pm

Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

Number of posts : 4826
Location : The computer of the Biology Research Lab......procrastinating.
Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways

PostSubject: Re: Is this at all right?   Is this at all right? EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 3:08 am

Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:
I do have a good relationship with him. I've gotten a hundred in his class all school year. But he was so angry today...I'm scared to talk to him now.

He's probably cooled off now, plus he won't be in front of all the people who laughed; just a student who he likes.

It should be okay, Jane. Talk to him. huuuug

Maybe I'll just hint at the fact that he's going to ruin my GPA in my essay somewhere...Of course, he won't even take it up if I don't have 1000 words.

Talking to him would be too hard, I think. He's such a nice person, and I don't want to mess up his opinion of me by accidentally calling him an unfair teacher. Besides, my friends think I have a crush on this teacher, so them watching me stay after class to talk to him alone might not be so good.

Well, don't say he was unfair. Since he has a good opinion of you, I highly doubt that would change with one conversation. Just tell him that you weren't laughing (I'm sure he'll believe you, given your good relationship with him), express your concern about your GPA and your failing his class. At that point, I'm sure that he'll get the picture...
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.

PostSubject: Re: Is this at all right?   Is this at all right? EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 12:43 am

Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:
I do have a good relationship with him. I've gotten a hundred in his class all school year. But he was so angry today...I'm scared to talk to him now.

He's probably cooled off now, plus he won't be in front of all the people who laughed; just a student who he likes.

Maybe I'll just hint at the fact that he's going to ruin my GPA in my essay somewhere...Of course, he won't even take it up if I don't have 1000 words.

Talking to him would be too hard, I think. He's such a nice person, and I don't want to mess up his opinion of me by accidentally calling him an unfair teacher. Besides, my friends think I have a crush on this teacher, so them watching me stay after class to talk to him alone might not be so good.

How will you pull that off, if it's comparing two characters? Laughing

It might be hard, then. Maybe you could talk with a guidance counselor instead? I know that's kind of a last resort, but if you feel mistreated...

Oh, no...I definitely do not want to get him in trouble. He's still one of my favorite teachers. With the paper, I could just write, "A similarity between the two characters is that they both mantain good grades. Which is understandable considering they didn't have to write an impossible essay for something they took no part in." Think he'd get the hint?

lol!

Okay, that might not be the best solution; he will probably be offended, then just assume you were one of the ones who laughed.

*Sigh*. This is hopeless. And the worst part is that if I don't write this essay I won't have time to bring my grade back up. It's a semester class, and our last day is next week.

Oh, that's tough.

If I were in your situation I would do nothing. I would write the essay, hand it in, and move on. That might just be the wimp inside of me, but sometimes I think it's just best to smile and bear it. I love you

I suppose you're right. Maybe, if I eat lots of brain food tomorrow, I'll somehow be able to write 611 words on comparing and contrasting the two characters within 50 minutes. Or maybe he'll just give us a break. Although in his class there really are no breaks whatsoever.

Get going with the water and salmon, then!

Good luck. victory

Why not tonight, though? Isn't it due tomorrow?

It's due tomorrow, but it's a classwork assignment. I guess I could write the essay now...but that would be dishonest. Which is bad.

Oh, I see.

Eh, I suppose you'll have to finish in class then. noidea
Back to top Go down
Jane
Master
Master
Jane

Dictionary Definition : Jane: Also known as "Ally," "Allison," and "freshmeat," this female Homo Sapiens specimen has proven herself a strong member of the Literary Cabinet world. One can recognize "Jane" by her taste in, especially older, men, many of them classic fictional characters, as well as her distinct fear of drama class auditions. Like many of the other species in the Literary Cabinet Universe, she is crazy in her own right.

PostSubject: Re: Is this at all right?   Is this at all right? EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 12:24 am

Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:

It might be hard, then. Maybe you could talk with a guidance counselor instead? I know that's kind of a last resort, but if you feel mistreated...

Oh, no...I definitely do not want to get him in trouble. He's still one of my favorite teachers. With the paper, I could just write, "A similarity between the two characters is that they both mantain good grades. Which is understandable considering they didn't have to write an impossible essay for something they took no part in." Think he'd get the hint?

lol!

Okay, that might not be the best solution; he will probably be offended, then just assume you were one of the ones who laughed.

*Sigh*. This is hopeless. And the worst part is that if I don't write this essay I won't have time to bring my grade back up. It's a semester class, and our last day is next week.

Oh, that's tough.

If I were in your situation I would do nothing. I would write the essay, hand it in, and move on. That might just be the wimp inside of me, but sometimes I think it's just best to smile and bear it. I love you

I suppose you're right. Maybe, if I eat lots of brain food tomorrow, I'll somehow be able to write 611 words on comparing and contrasting the two characters within 50 minutes. Or maybe he'll just give us a break. Although in his class there really are no breaks whatsoever.

Good luck. victory

It's due tomorrow, but it's a classwork assignment. I guess I could write the essay now...but that would be dishonest. Which is bad.
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: Is this at all right?   Is this at all right? EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 11:47 pm

Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:

lol!

Oh, that's tough.

Good luck. victory

Back to top Go down
Jane
Master
Master
Jane

PostSubject: Re: Is this at all right?   Is this at all right? EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 11:45 pm

Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:

lol!

Oh, that's tough.

Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: Is this at all right?   Is this at all right? EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 11:41 pm

Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:

lol!

Oh, that's tough.

Back to top Go down
Jane
Master
Master
Jane

PostSubject: Re: Is this at all right?   Is this at all right? EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 11:38 pm

Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:

lol!

Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: Is this at all right?   Is this at all right? EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 11:34 pm

Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:

lol!

Back to top Go down
Jane
Master
Master
Jane

PostSubject: Re: Is this at all right?   Is this at all right? EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 11:32 pm

Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:

Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: Is this at all right?   Is this at all right? EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 11:28 pm

Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:

Back to top Go down
Jane
Master
Master
Jane

PostSubject: Re: Is this at all right?   Is this at all right? EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 11:26 pm

Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:

Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: Is this at all right?   Is this at all right? EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 11:20 pm

Jane wrote:

Back to top Go down
Jane
Master
Master
Jane

PostSubject: Re: Is this at all right?   Is this at all right? EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 11:18 pm

Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: Is this at all right?   Is this at all right? EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 11:15 pm

Louisa Lynn wrote:
The only thing that I'm worried about is, if he does let you off the hook, your classmates might call you a "teacher's pet" or the others who didn't laugh would ask him the same thing, too.

If she talks to him in private, I don't think her classmates would even know about it. Hopefully not, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.

PostSubject: Re: Is this at all right?   Is this at all right? EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 11:13 pm

The only thing that I'm worried about is, if he does let you off the hook, your classmates might call you a "teacher's pet" or the others who didn't laugh would ask him the same thing, too.
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: Is this at all right?   Is this at all right? EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 11:09 pm

Jane wrote:
My drama class started watching a really cool documentary-type movie (American Teen) this week. Well today, five minutes into it, a funny looking girl came on screen. My class, being the jackasses that they are, start laughing at the poor girl. My teacher was furious, and said that if we were going to act immature and childish, we were going to get a child's assignment.

Keep in mind: I did not laugh. He gave us a 1000 word essay to compare and contrast two of the characters as punishment. We started it today in class, and we have to finish it tomorrow. It's worth two test grades, and he won't accept anything under 1000 words. I only have 389 words (two full pages). That means that, because my class acted up, my drama grade is going to be dramatically affected.

I love my drama teacher so much, and I hate to think bad of him, but how is this assignment at all fair? I'm almost crying because I really don't want to fail his class. How is this right?

I'm sorry, Jane!

I guess he assumed everyone laughed, considering he was so angry. If it really bothers you, talk to him in private. If you have a good reputation with him, maybe he'll let you off the hook?

That's horrible of him to give you the assignment too. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

PostSubject: Re: Is this at all right?   Is this at all right? EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 11:09 pm

Schools are like that. My Chinese teacher always said, "When one person in the class is affected, everyone else is included, too." I'd suggest you talk to your drama teacher and explain this to him. Perhaps he'll reconsider.

I'm sure you won't fail his class. huuuug C'mere, you need a hug. Everything will be okay.

Or maybe we could help you, like Solveig said?
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Is this at all right?   Is this at all right? EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 11:07 pm

Oh god, that is really unfair - I simply fail to understand the logic of punishing the group for the acts of individuals. How's that for group dynamics? Huh.

Well, honey, I have a free morning tomorrow - if you need any assistance, send me the text, and I'll see what I can do.
Back to top Go down
https://literarycabinet.forumotion.com
denizenofevil
denizenofevil

Number of posts : 426

PostSubject: Re: Is this at all right?   Is this at all right? EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 11:05 pm

Jane wrote:
My drama class started watching a really cool documentary-type movie (American Teen) this week. Well today, five minutes into it, a funny looking girl came on screen. My class, being the jackasses that they are, start laughing at the poor girl. My teacher was furious, and said that if we were going to act immature and childish, we were going to get a child's assignment.

Keep in mind: I did not laugh. He gave us a 1000 word essay to compare and contrast two of the characters as punishment. We started it today in class, and we have to finish it tomorrow. It's worth two test grades, and he won't accept anything under 1000 words. I only have 389 words (two full pages). That means that, because my class acted up, my drama grade is going to be dramatically affected.

I love my drama teacher so much, and I hate to think bad of him, but how is this assignment at all fair? I'm almost crying because I really don't want to fail his class. How is this right?

That really is unfair... Unfortunately, things like this happen a lot in schools because people can be so immature and we just have to deal with it sometimes but maybe if you talk to the teacher, he might be more understanding.
Back to top Go down
Jane
Master
Master
Jane

PostSubject: Is this at all right?   Is this at all right? EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 11:03 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this at all right?   Is this at all right? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is this at all right?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Literary Cabinet :: Archive-
Jump to: