Literary Cabinet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Depressing books?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jane
Master
Master
Jane

Number of posts : 1077
Dictionary Definition : Jane: Also known as "Ally," "Allison," and "freshmeat," this female Homo Sapiens specimen has proven herself a strong member of the Literary Cabinet world. One can recognize "Jane" by her taste in, especially older, men, many of them classic fictional characters, as well as her distinct fear of drama class auditions. Like many of the other species in the Literary Cabinet Universe, she is crazy in her own right.
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Depressing books? Empty
PostSubject: Depressing books?   Depressing books? EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 10:39 pm

I just finished Life as We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeiffer for my science class. Four hours reading about people slowly starving to death at the end of the world.

And now, to make things more cheerful, I'm readling The Jungle by Upton Sinclair. Does anything good happen to these people? Everytime I turn the page one of them has lost their job or got swindled out of the little money they have.

What are some of the most depressing books you've read?
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Depressing books? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Depressing books?   Depressing books? EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 12:43 am

"Angela's Ashes". I started crying on page thirty, and couldn't stop until the end. Still makes me depressed to think about it. *sigh*
Back to top Go down
https://literarycabinet.forumotion.com
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

Number of posts : 2780
Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Depressing books? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Depressing books?   Depressing books? EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 5:46 am

Little known but good book: Immortal by Traci Slatton. I hated reading it until the last page. Now, it's one of my favorites. The whole book is about Luca's struggles and choices with his being immortal. It's really a multi-subject book, though. I enjoyed it even though it made me angry and eventually pretty sad, yet happy.
Spoiler:
There are others, but that's the first one that came to mind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Depressing books? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Depressing books?   Depressing books? Empty

Back to top Go down

Depressing books?
Page 1 of 1