Literary Cabinet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What do you think is the most stupid/unintelligent/annoying song?

Go down 
+3
Kelsey
Zara Mikazuki
denizenofevil
7 posters
AuthorMessage
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru
BeautyBlitz

Number of posts : 1882
Dictionary Definition : Rodent - Homo Rodentiensis is a typical LC creature. Always ready to laugh about stupidity, this being has long occupied a special moderator status on the LC. As one of the very few LC creatures who actually can get and keep a partner, she is the object of constant envy. Though madness is not part of the average Rodents characteristics, this particular feature can at times be subject to change, especially when striken by severe sleep deprivation.
Awards : What do you think is the most stupid/unintelligent/annoying song? 1st_place
Registration date : 2008-12-02

What do you think is the most stupid/unintelligent/annoying song? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the most stupid/unintelligent/annoying song?   What do you think is the most stupid/unintelligent/annoying song? EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 10:00 am

I actually don't mind that James Blunt song. Mind you, I was not subjected to it endlessly by siblings. My brother did instill in me a mild hatred for AC/DC. It has gotten better over the years, I am no longer at the point where I hear AC/DC and physically cringe. He got an AC/DC cd for christmas and would play it over and over and over and over again. Our rooms were right next to each other so there was no escape.

Anything by Marilyn Manson also sets me on edge, especailly his version of Sweet Dreams by the Eurythmics.
Back to top Go down
Goldfish
Goldfish

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the most stupid/unintelligent/annoying song?   What do you think is the most stupid/unintelligent/annoying song? EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 5:42 am

Louisa Lynn wrote:
Goldfish wrote:
denizenofevil wrote:
I'm gonna have to agree with you guys on the annoying one syllable to two thing, especially in hiphop/rap (who can tell the difference?). There's this song that goes, "You're beautiful, you're beautiful, you're beautiful to me. I saw your face in a crowded place..." Argh!! I hate that song. The guy who sings it sounds like he's dying. Who sang that stupid milkshake song? I hate that one too.

Oh my God, are you talking about James Blunt? He's the only singer I know who's sung: You're beautiful. I hate that song, too. And I heard it everywhere, plus my family liked it! Oh my...

lol! lol! lol! I only realized it was James Blunt after I read those lines over and over again. I hate that song, too. I never could stand it. When that was popular, my two siblings played it over and over. It drove me nuts!!

I'm glad I wasn't the only one going through that! lol! Everybody liked that song. I thought it was only me...
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Number of posts : 6193
Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the most stupid/unintelligent/annoying song?   What do you think is the most stupid/unintelligent/annoying song? EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 3:06 am

Goldfish wrote:
denizenofevil wrote:
I'm gonna have to agree with you guys on the annoying one syllable to two thing, especially in hiphop/rap (who can tell the difference?). There's this song that goes, "You're beautiful, you're beautiful, you're beautiful to me. I saw your face in a crowded place..." Argh!! I hate that song. The guy who sings it sounds like he's dying. Who sang that stupid milkshake song? I hate that one too.

Oh my God, are you talking about James Blunt? He's the only singer I know who's sung: You're beautiful. I hate that song, too. And I heard it everywhere, plus my family liked it! Oh my...

lol! lol! lol! I only realized it was James Blunt after I read those lines over and over again. I hate that song, too. I never could stand it. When that was popular, my two siblings played it over and over. It drove me nuts!!
Back to top Go down
denizenofevil
denizenofevil

Number of posts : 426

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the most stupid/unintelligent/annoying song?   What do you think is the most stupid/unintelligent/annoying song? EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 3:04 am

Goldfish wrote:
denizenofevil wrote:

I think it it James Blunt. Back when I used to go to church dances, they would play that song at every dance. I don't know anyone who actually likes that song.
Back to top Go down
Goldfish
Goldfish

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the most stupid/unintelligent/annoying song?   What do you think is the most stupid/unintelligent/annoying song? EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 3:01 am

denizenofevil wrote:

Back to top Go down
denizenofevil
denizenofevil

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the most stupid/unintelligent/annoying song?   What do you think is the most stupid/unintelligent/annoying song? EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 2:59 am

Back to top Go down
Goldfish
Goldfish

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the most stupid/unintelligent/annoying song?   What do you think is the most stupid/unintelligent/annoying song? EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 2:54 am

Louisa Lynn wrote:
Goldfish wrote:
Okay. There's this one song that's called "Ayer" by this one rapper--or maybe a few, I don't know--and it annoys hell out of me. I mean, why take a word that was one syllable and make it into two?!?!?! It's so stupid what some rappers do.

I think that's "In The Ayer" by Flo-Rida feat. Will I. Am. My God, that's annoying as hell.

Yes. That's the song! Ugh, I hate it so much. And it gets stuck in my head even if I listen to it once!
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the most stupid/unintelligent/annoying song?   What do you think is the most stupid/unintelligent/annoying song? EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 2:52 am

Goldfish wrote:
Okay. There's this one song that's called "Ayer" by this one rapper--or maybe a few, I don't know--and it annoys hell out of me. I mean, why take a word that was one syllable and make it into two?!?!?! It's so stupid what some rappers do.

I think that's "In The Ayer" by Flo-Rida feat. Will I. Am. My God, that's annoying as hell.
Back to top Go down
Goldfish
Goldfish

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the most stupid/unintelligent/annoying song?   What do you think is the most stupid/unintelligent/annoying song? EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 11:37 pm

Okay. There's this one song that's called "Ayer" by this one rapper--or maybe a few, I don't know--and it annoys hell out of me. I mean, why take a word that was one syllable and make it into two?!?!?! It's so stupid what some rappers do. Anyway, yeah, Miley Cyrus and the Jonas Brothers are annoying, though I'll admit that some of their songs are catchy. Don't shoot me. I have younger siblings and I've learned the hard way that if you listen to a song 700 times, no matter how much you hated it to begin with, you end up liking it. But I don't like "Fly on the wall". Also, I don't like Demi Lavato, although I think I prefer her to Miley Cyrus. She's got a great voice; just wish she's stop shouting her songs at me. And what's with the breathing at the end of every song, or every sentence, I should say? It's very annoying.

As to what song I like, I like many songs. I listen to about every genre in music. I listen to songs in Spanish, Swahili, English, Vietnamese, Hindi...I'm all over the place. But I don't listen to lots of country.
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the most stupid/unintelligent/annoying song?   What do you think is the most stupid/unintelligent/annoying song? EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 7:03 pm

Have you heard Miley Cyrus' latest? It's "Fly On the Wall." I don't like her voice, but it was pretty catchy. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the most stupid/unintelligent/annoying song?   What do you think is the most stupid/unintelligent/annoying song? EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 1:45 pm

I don't think he is known outside of Germany at all, but I dearly despise the songs of Xavier Naidoo. His songs are passionately Christian (to the extent that he pronounces his first name "saviour"!). That alone would be alright, but they all sound alike, and whiny at that. He gives me the creeps, really.

Songs I love, well, does the Op. 28 No. 7 by Chopin count...? Smile I listen to classics, mostly, so I am not really an authority on the quality of pop music. Oh, wait, I also love swing! Michael Bublé is great, and so are Frank Sinatra and Robbie Williams (on "Swing when you're winning", obviously).
Back to top Go down
https://literarycabinet.forumotion.com
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru
BeautyBlitz

Number of posts : 1882
Dictionary Definition : Rodent - Homo Rodentiensis is a typical LC creature. Always ready to laugh about stupidity, this being has long occupied a special moderator status on the LC. As one of the very few LC creatures who actually can get and keep a partner, she is the object of constant envy. Though madness is not part of the average Rodents characteristics, this particular feature can at times be subject to change, especially when striken by severe sleep deprivation.
Awards : What do you think is the most stupid/unintelligent/annoying song? 1st_place

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the most stupid/unintelligent/annoying song?   What do you think is the most stupid/unintelligent/annoying song? EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 10:48 am

I have a severe distate for Weird Al Yankovic. His voice is annoying, his songs are ridiculous. I do have to admit that I like the lyrics to his take on "American Pie"

Anything by Madonna is pure hell to my ears. I can't stand her, even her older stuff drives me up the wall.
I think though, that the artist that makes me cringe the most is Nelly Furtado or Gwen Stefani. I give Nelly Furtado kudos for being a fellow BC girl, and I did like Gwen Stefani in No Doubt but her solo songs are garbage. "Halloback girl" is the perfect example. Number one, I didn't even know what a Halloback girl was until a 13 year old explained it to me, which made me feel really old and number two, what's up with spelling the word bananas over and over again. I just don't get it.

On the flip side:

What songs/artists do you actually love?

Bon Jovi, anything by Bon Jovi. I don't know why but I've always been a huge fan. I think that "It's my Life" "Livin on a prayer" "Just Older" "I'll be there for you" "Always" are among my all time favourite songs. I think I could listen to them a million times and never tire of them.

Elton John. Oh how I love Elton John. Talk about a man with a personality, and that piano! I especailly love "Don't let the sun go down on me" "Daniel" "Rocketman" and "pinball wizard"

Cher, basically the entire "Heart of Stone" album.

Then there's the rest of my oldies but goodies catagory. Rod Stewart, April Wine, Richie Blackmore's Rainbow, Queen (RIP Freddie Mercury) That man could SING! Golden Earring, Pink Floyd, Fleetwood Mac, Black Sabbath and a couple others that I just can't think of right now.
Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

Number of posts : 2780
Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the most stupid/unintelligent/annoying song?   What do you think is the most stupid/unintelligent/annoying song? EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 5:02 am

Well, I've recently developed a semi-hatred for Metro Station. I bought their entire CD because of their song "Kelsey" as that's my name. I can tolerate "Tell Me What to Do" and "True to Me" and even "Control". But some of their lyrics are stupid egotistical nonsense about them running off with or banging (Freshman slang) girls illegally younger than them. Freaks. And for the most part, they lack musical talent and just make me angry that they're so popular. I think that they have potential, but they really need to clean up both in their lyrics and music (lay off the keyboards, though they're good, and work on some other instrumentation). Sorry if anyone here likes them, but, uh, I just don't like them that much right now; I might if they change a bit.

I mean, how would one whisper "Oh we oh we oh oh/ Oh we oh we oh oh/ Wish we were older" anyway? Gah! That makes me mad, Metro Station.
Back to top Go down
denizenofevil
denizenofevil

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the most stupid/unintelligent/annoying song?   What do you think is the most stupid/unintelligent/annoying song? EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 4:51 am

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
denizenofevil wrote:
I saw this on YA but I was curious to see what you guys had to say. I really hate the "Love me or Hate Me" song by some annoying egotistical female rapper. Anything Miley Cyrus sings is annoying too.

Agreed on Miley Cyrus. She can't sing at all. I sometimes watch the Disney channel just for some of the older movies that they show on there. Then there is a commercial break and Miley shows up singing. I end up cringing--I have perfect pitch and she is ridiculously out of tune. It gets really annoying and nobody in my family can sympathize. Seriously, I can sing better than her and I'm sure that all of you people can too. At first I was willing to forgive her, since she used to be a good role model. I can't even say THAT anymore. And she's only 1 year younger than me. YUCK Mad .

But I will confess. Some of the actual songs are decent, like "7 Things" from her new album, Breakout. I just wish someone else were singing it...

I actually didn't like that song. Really? She's out of tune? I never really noticed that though I am a musician. I probably just don't know the songs she sings. I really don't think she would be famous if she wasn't the daughter of that country singer. Heck, I don't even like that guy...
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

Number of posts : 4826
Location : The computer of the Biology Research Lab......procrastinating.
Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the most stupid/unintelligent/annoying song?   What do you think is the most stupid/unintelligent/annoying song? EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 4:02 am

denizenofevil wrote:
I saw this on YA but I was curious to see what you guys had to say. I really hate the "Love me or Hate Me" song by some annoying egotistical female rapper. Anything Miley Cyrus sings is annoying too.

Agreed on Miley Cyrus. She can't sing at all. I sometimes watch the Disney channel just for some of the older movies that they show on there. Then there is a commercial break and Miley shows up singing. I end up cringing--I have perfect pitch and she is ridiculously out of tune. It gets really annoying and nobody in my family can sympathize. Seriously, I can sing better than her and I'm sure that all of you people can too. At first I was willing to forgive her, since she used to be a good role model. I can't even say THAT anymore. And she's only 1 year younger than me. YUCK Mad .

But I will confess. Some of the actual songs are decent, like "7 Things" from her new album, Breakout. I just wish someone else were singing it...
Back to top Go down
denizenofevil
denizenofevil

PostSubject: What do you think is the most stupid/unintelligent/annoying song?   What do you think is the most stupid/unintelligent/annoying song? EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 3:34 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the most stupid/unintelligent/annoying song?   What do you think is the most stupid/unintelligent/annoying song? Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you think is the most stupid/unintelligent/annoying song?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Literary Cabinet :: Archive-
Jump to: