Literary Cabinet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Happiness, anyone?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

Number of posts : 4826
Location : The computer of the Biology Research Lab......procrastinating.
Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Happiness, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happiness, anyone?   Happiness, anyone? EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 2:55 am

denizenofevil wrote:
Goldfish wrote:
denizenofevil wrote:
Who was the author? I've never met an author in real life before...Well, i did meet Stephanie Meyers but that doesn't count. And congratulations on the drama thing!

I've never met an author in real life before, either. How was Stephenie? She seems nice.

She's really nice and friendly. The books don't do her justice and they make her seem like a shallow snob but she was really nice.

Sometimes written stuff doesn't accurate represent someone. I'll admit, I was prejudiced. But, I'd never met her, so that would really be fair...

You guys are lucky, meeting authors and all. My life sucks...and I need to finish a project and test and submit them online by midnight...it's 8:55 right now. Oh snap..

And congratulations, Jane!
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Number of posts : 7942
Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Happiness, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happiness, anyone?   Happiness, anyone? EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 1:03 am

Quote :
I wish I could say the same for my novel. I keep writing a couple pages, then erasing them. My progress is devastatingly slow.

Sorry about that; I've had the same issues in the past.

First Annual Literary Cabinet Write-a-thon is coming up soon, though! I'm excited, as it should help us all get past problems like this.

Well, I shouldn't speak for everybody. It will help me, anyways! lol!
Back to top Go down
denizenofevil
denizenofevil

Number of posts : 426

Happiness, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happiness, anyone?   Happiness, anyone? EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 12:55 am

Goldfish wrote:
denizenofevil wrote:
Who was the author? I've never met an author in real life before...Well, i did meet Stephanie Meyers but that doesn't count. And congratulations on the drama thing!

I've never met an author in real life before, either. How was Stephenie? She seems nice.

She's really nice and friendly. The books don't do her justice and they make her seem like a shallow snob but she was really nice.
Back to top Go down
Jane
Master
Master
Jane

Number of posts : 1077
Dictionary Definition : Jane: Also known as "Ally," "Allison," and "freshmeat," this female Homo Sapiens specimen has proven herself a strong member of the Literary Cabinet world. One can recognize "Jane" by her taste in, especially older, men, many of them classic fictional characters, as well as her distinct fear of drama class auditions. Like many of the other species in the Literary Cabinet Universe, she is crazy in her own right.

Happiness, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happiness, anyone?   Happiness, anyone? EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 12:54 am

denizenofevil wrote:

I honestly don't even remember his name. Embarassed John something that starts with a B. He wrote for a big newspaper, then he wrote two books about ghost stories from my very own Upstate South Carolina. Now I wish I had bought one of his books. At least then I would know his name.
Back to top Go down
Goldfish
Goldfish

Number of posts : 226

Happiness, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happiness, anyone?   Happiness, anyone? EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 12:50 am

denizenofevil wrote:

Back to top Go down
denizenofevil
denizenofevil

Number of posts : 426

Happiness, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happiness, anyone?   Happiness, anyone? EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 12:49 am

Back to top Go down
Jane
Master
Master
Jane

Dictionary Definition : Jane: Also known as "Ally," "Allison," and "freshmeat," this female Homo Sapiens specimen has proven herself a strong member of the Literary Cabinet world. One can recognize "Jane" by her taste in, especially older, men, many of them classic fictional characters, as well as her distinct fear of drama class auditions. Like many of the other species in the Literary Cabinet Universe, she is crazy in her own right.

Happiness, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happiness, anyone?   Happiness, anyone? EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 12:48 am

Tourterelle wrote:
Congratulations on skipping right to Drama 3 & 4 honors, Jane! head

It's neat that you met an author, too; it's always neat to connect with someone else who shares the same interests. Was he famous, or a local author?

Let's see, I had a decent weekend; I spent most of it Christmas shopping for gifts, and decorating the house with my family. I also wrote a few poems, and a bit more to my novel!

He wasn't famous. I looked him up when I got home. Doesn't even have a page on Wikipedia (which is how I establish whether or not a person is famous). But he was nice, and we shared a lot of the same opinions.

I wish I could say the same for my novel. I keep writing a couple pages, then erasing them. My progress is devastatingly slow.
Back to top Go down
Goldfish
Goldfish

Number of posts : 226

Happiness, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happiness, anyone?   Happiness, anyone? EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 12:45 am

Congratulations, Jane! clapping I'm glad you had a great weekend, as well. My weekend hasn't been that great, but we're not going to talk about that.

What was the author's name?
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Number of posts : 7942
Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.

Happiness, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happiness, anyone?   Happiness, anyone? EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 12:42 am

Congratulations on skipping right to Drama 3 & 4 honors, Jane! head

It's neat that you met an author, too; it's always neat to connect with someone else who shares the same interests. Was he famous, or a local author?

Let's see, I had a decent weekend; I spent most of it Christmas shopping for gifts, and decorating the house with my family. I also wrote a few poems, and a bit more to my novel!
Back to top Go down
Jane
Master
Master
Jane

Happiness, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Happiness, anyone?   Happiness, anyone? EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 12:39 am

victory I've been so happy all weekend. On friday, my drama teacher told me that next year, if I wanted to, he'd let me skip Drama 2 and move on to Drama 3 & 4 honors! clapping Considering my face is a deep shade of red every day in that class (stage fright), this news was as shocking as it was exciting. Then, saturday, after I finished Christmas shopping (in which I got nothing done whatsoever), I stoppped by the bookstore, and an author was there. He wasn't famous or anything, but just talking to someone who shared my love of reading and knew what publishing was like made me ecstatic. I swear I was there for an hour, asking every question an aspiring author could have. And we talked books like I haven't in ages -- anything from Stephen King to Ernest Hemingway to Stephenie Meyer to JRR Tolkien. I walked away feeling awesome (and a little guilty. I didn't even buy one of his books Embarassed ).

Anyway, that was a really long way of saying that this the best weekend I've had in a long time. How was everyone else's?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Happiness, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happiness, anyone?   Happiness, anyone? Empty

Back to top Go down

Happiness, anyone?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Literary Cabinet :: Archive-
Jump to: