Literary Cabinet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Moments and Memories

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jane
Master
Master
Jane

Number of posts : 1077
Dictionary Definition : Jane: Also known as "Ally," "Allison," and "freshmeat," this female Homo Sapiens specimen has proven herself a strong member of the Literary Cabinet world. One can recognize "Jane" by her taste in, especially older, men, many of them classic fictional characters, as well as her distinct fear of drama class auditions. Like many of the other species in the Literary Cabinet Universe, she is crazy in her own right.
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Moments and Memories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moments and Memories   Moments and Memories EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 2:35 am

Most memorable moment?

First day of high school. Ew.

Most memorable holiday memory?

Last year, my sister brought her gay friend, Aaron, home for Christmas. My uncle (who's straight) has a dumb sense of humor, and welcomed Aaron with the words, "Hi, I'm Tim, the gay uncle." Aaron must have been so offended.

Favorite memory?

As corny and stupid as it is, all that comes to mind is the first time my crush gave me a really good compliment. Ah, the delights of being a teenager.

Favorite memory from childhood?

My family's trips to Disneyworld. You haven't had a childhood until you've visited Disneyworld annd hugged Mickey Mouse (although this took me a while. I was terrified of him and all the other disney characters).

Most EMBARRISING moment?

Not more than a month ago, I was assigned a monologue to perform in front of my drama class. I had (and have) a gigantic crush on my drama teacher, so I was scared of performing in front of him. I got up, messed up the first line, and continued to have a nervous breakdown. I was shaking worse than I ever had before, certain unconsciousness was only seconds away (and almost wanting to faint) and I could hear people in the front row whispering, "Is she all right? She's gonna throw up!" Eventually I finished the monologue (with the assistance of encouragement and hugs from a couple amazing classmates), without puking or fainting, and I actually was given a hundred on the project. But still, it was the most humiliating thing I had ever done.

First memory?

Eating steak at night with my neighbor in his backyard, which is kind of awkward looking back, considering I was a toddler eating alone in the dark with a middle aged man.
Back to top Go down
GuardianSaiyoko
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
GuardianSaiyoko

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Moments and Memories   Moments and Memories EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 11:07 pm

BeautyBlitz wrote:
If you can think of more please feel free to add to the list.

Most memorable moment?

It'd have to be when I skipped prom to spend the weekend camping with my two best friends and my little brother. My two best friends are guys, so how we got away with this I will never know. My little brother's tent flooded and he had to climb in with us, our matches got soaked in a downpour, we ended up chopping our own wood from a deadfall tree after a chat with the rangers, we all got soaked through, we actually got trapped there briefly when the fords flooded, and we spent most of the weekend having majorly hippie sing-alongs out around the fire (in the tent when the rain started) and telling jokes and stories. We got the fire started even in the downpour thanks to a kind woman who gave us some kindling as she left, a cigarette lighter from my car, some paper plates, a whore-troll doll, and a lot of ingenuity and hope.

It was the best weekend of my life.

BeautyBlitz wrote:

We all got pocket knives one Christmas Eve and had the paramedics over Christmas day when little brother cut open a vein (or an artery more likely, it was fountaining blood) trying to open a gift that morning. It's actually really, really funny to look back on, involving little bro fainting and Dad trying to call 119 and screaming about the carpet. At the time, it wasn't so funny.

BeautyBlitz wrote:
Favorite memory?

Definitely the camping weekend mentioned above... well, that or the weekend eight of us loaded up in a station wagon to spend the weekend sleeping in a friend's aunt and uncle's garage and wandering about graveyards and stargazing and touring haunted houses. I can proudly say I have slid down from the attic to the basement of a house zipped into a bodybag.

BeautyBlitz wrote:

We've got this one on video- my brothers and I are playing in the yard, little bro comes down the slide, twin brother comes out of nowhere and wallops him with a baseball bat as he gets to the bottom. The video gets shaky there as my dad starts laughing.

BeautyBlitz wrote:
Most EMBARRISING moment?

I really can't think of any. Huh. I guess I don't get embarrassed that easily. I discovered the hard way that guys in a guy's restroom really don't care if there's a chick in there, they're still going to go. That wasn't all that embarrassing though.

BeautyBlitz wrote:
First memory?
My family was on vacation somewhere and we were spending the day on an island in a river. Our Irish Terrier Kelsey was tied to the cooler so she wouldn't run (well, swim) off and started digging- she dug all the way down the sand and hit water.
Back to top Go down
https://home.comcast.net/~dragedatter/
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru
BeautyBlitz

Number of posts : 1882
Dictionary Definition : Rodent - Homo Rodentiensis is a typical LC creature. Always ready to laugh about stupidity, this being has long occupied a special moderator status on the LC. As one of the very few LC creatures who actually can get and keep a partner, she is the object of constant envy. Though madness is not part of the average Rodents characteristics, this particular feature can at times be subject to change, especially when striken by severe sleep deprivation.
Awards : Moments and Memories 1st_place

PostSubject: Re: Moments and Memories   Moments and Memories EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 11:06 am

Most memorable moment?

8th grade during final exams. A couple of my friends and I didn't have any exams left that day so we were going to go to another friends house. To get there we had to cross a train bridge, sure that no train could possibly come when we were on the bridge, we started for the other side. Halfway across, guess what, a train came. We all ran for the other side but one of my friends had a twisted ankle from earlier in the week so my other friend and I were already across and screaming for her to hurry. It was such a "Stand by Me" moment. LOL

Christmas day, many years ago. We were just about to start opening presents when I got a doozie of a nose bleed. I was prone to them as a kid. It lasted 45 minutes and my brother was SO mad at me. Yeah, as if I planned the whole darn thing. I have many others but this one always makes me laugh.

Favorite memory?

It's going to sound cheesy but, my wedding. For picture purposes my husband carried me through the threshold (the wedding was in our yard) but no one got a picture the first time so we had to redo it. The second time through he wacked me elbow off the door frame. In the picture we are laughing our heads off.

I was about 5 or so and was spending a few days with my grandparents on their farm because my brother had to go to children's hospital for some tests. My grandparents had to do something out with the cows and it was to dangerous to let me wander aimlessly out there so they put me in the cattle squeeze. I felt like a caged monkey. Man I had a lot of fun there.

Most EMBARRISING moment?

My brother, my two cousins and I were down at the rec center playing on the playground equipment. My cousins had brought their ENOURMOUS dog Bart with them. I was on the monkey bars and Bart felt his oats, pulled me down with his front legs and proceeded to...well you know. My cousins and my brother just stood there and laughed at me the whole time, they wouldn't even make Bart get off until I started to bawl.

~Yeah, so it's not my MOST embarassing moment, but do you really think I'm gonna share THAT! lol!

First memory?

I was about 3 or 4 and a friend of ours lived up the road and my mom and I were walking up to see her. The road she lives on is one gigantic hill and the whole way up I can remember looking back at the stop sign at the end of the road to see how far we had gotten and then begging my mom for a piggy back ride.
Back to top Go down
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru
BeautyBlitz

Number of posts : 1882
Dictionary Definition : Rodent - Homo Rodentiensis is a typical LC creature. Always ready to laugh about stupidity, this being has long occupied a special moderator status on the LC. As one of the very few LC creatures who actually can get and keep a partner, she is the object of constant envy. Though madness is not part of the average Rodents characteristics, this particular feature can at times be subject to change, especially when striken by severe sleep deprivation.
Awards : Moments and Memories 1st_place

PostSubject: Moments and Memories   Moments and Memories EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 10:55 am

If you can think of more please feel free to add to the list.

Most memorable moment?

Favorite memory?

Most EMBARRISING moment?

First memory?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moments and Memories   Moments and Memories Empty

Back to top Go down

Moments and Memories