Literary Cabinet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Well, how do you do?

Go down 
+3
BeautyBlitz
GuardianSaiyoko
Tourterelle
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Number of posts : 7942
Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Well, how do you do? Empty
PostSubject: Well, how do you do?   Well, how do you do? EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 12:09 am

Hey! Very Happy

I'm Tourterelle, as some of you may know. Tourterelle=Turtledove in French. Picked the word "Turtledove" up from a Sweeney Todd song, and translated it into French.

I will be 16 in a few months, and I'm a sophomore in a public high school. I adore English class, reading, and writing. I loathe science and math, as I'm terrible with both. Also, I'm in my third year of French, and I plan on traveling to France in 2011, my graduating year. I'll stay one week with my school group, and one week with a host family.

I'll read anything, from Young Adult series to the classics.
I'm SO glad Solveig invited me here. cheers

message edited by BeautyBlitz

Last edited by Tourterelle on Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:42 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Added more information.)
Back to top Go down
GuardianSaiyoko
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
GuardianSaiyoko

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Well, how do you do?   Well, how do you do? EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 12:15 am

Heyla and welcome to the site!

I'm also really enjoying it, I revel in the good spelling and grammar! Hope to see you in the forums.

message edited by BeautyBlitz

Last edited by BeautyBlitz on Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:06 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Sight. *shakes head*)
Back to top Go down
https://home.comcast.net/~dragedatter/
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.

PostSubject: Re: Well, how do you do?   Well, how do you do? EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 12:23 am

The correct spelling/grammar is definitely a bonus.

Do you know if Kelsey, Epiphany, Arabesque, and others will be joining us here?
Back to top Go down
GuardianSaiyoko
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
GuardianSaiyoko

PostSubject: Re: Well, how do you do?   Well, how do you do? EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 12:26 am

I'm not quite sure but I certainly hope so. I've been enjoying reading their responses on Answers.
Back to top Go down
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru
BeautyBlitz

Number of posts : 1882
Dictionary Definition : Rodent - Homo Rodentiensis is a typical LC creature. Always ready to laugh about stupidity, this being has long occupied a special moderator status on the LC. As one of the very few LC creatures who actually can get and keep a partner, she is the object of constant envy. Though madness is not part of the average Rodents characteristics, this particular feature can at times be subject to change, especially when striken by severe sleep deprivation.
Awards : Well, how do you do? 1st_place

PostSubject: Re: Well, how do you do?   Well, how do you do? EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 12:33 am

WELCOME!

Both Solveig and I have invited Kelsey, I don't know if the others have been invited. I look forward to many future discussions/debates/chats with you.

BeautyBlitz

Message edited by BeautyBlitz

Last edited by BeautyBlitz on Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Coffee Spoons
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
Coffee Spoons

Number of posts : 58

PostSubject: Trying to reply here, please excuse me if it doesn't work?   Well, how do you do? EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 1:16 am

I'm Coffee Spoons- some of you may know me as anti-everythingwithtoomanyfans from Yahoo. True to my name, I do despise most things with too many fans.
I am first and foremost a writer, but I am also a modern artist, musician, actor, director, screenwriter, filmmaker, Beatles fan, music snob and avid hat wearer.
Solveig invited me to join, and I really hope Kelsey comes too because I like her.
I'm a big fan of T.S. Eliot, as you may be able to tell from my username (from The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock, "I have measured my life in coffee spoons) and I enjoy Edgar Allan Poe. My favorite book is and will always be "The Little Prince."

That's pretty much it about me, any questions, just ask.

message edited by Beauty Blitz
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: Well, how do you do?   Well, how do you do? EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 1:18 am

Welcome, Coffee Spoons.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru
BeautyBlitz

Dictionary Definition : Rodent - Homo Rodentiensis is a typical LC creature. Always ready to laugh about stupidity, this being has long occupied a special moderator status on the LC. As one of the very few LC creatures who actually can get and keep a partner, she is the object of constant envy. Though madness is not part of the average Rodents characteristics, this particular feature can at times be subject to change, especially when striken by severe sleep deprivation.

PostSubject: Re: Well, how do you do?   Well, how do you do? EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 1:19 am

Glad to see you here Coffee Spoons. I did see you around on Y!A, you may have known me as BeautyBlitz, Butter Tart or Merry Christmas.
Back to top Go down
Coffee Spoons
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
Coffee Spoons

Number of posts : 58

PostSubject: Re: Well, how do you do?   Well, how do you do? EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 1:20 am

Oh yes! I remember you as Butter Tart. I always liked your responses. Nice to see you here!
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: Well, how do you do?   Well, how do you do? EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 1:23 am

Beauty, are all those names the same account?

I remember seeing you as BeautyBlitz, but more frequently I remember seeing Butter Tart and Merry Christmas.
Back to top Go down
GuardianSaiyoko
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
GuardianSaiyoko

PostSubject: Re: Well, how do you do?   Well, how do you do? EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 1:23 am

Heyla, Coffee Spoons! I also know you from Answers; I'm Saiyoko, as you might have guessed since my name tends to stay basically the same everywhere. Good to see you here.
Back to top Go down
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru
BeautyBlitz

PostSubject: Re: Well, how do you do?   Well, how do you do? EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 9:23 am

Yeah, all those names are the same account. I changed my name and avatar a few times due to Trolls.
Horrible creatures. They are brainless lemmings that try and spread their disease to the rest of the world.
Glad to be rid of them.

elephant

Message edited by BeautyBlitz

Last edited by BeautyBlitz on Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.

PostSubject: Re: Well, how do you do?   Well, how do you do? EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 10:27 am

Hi Touterelle! Smile

Welcome!! Feel free to invite all those of the group I either haven't connected to or have not yet come round to invite Smile What a sentence. So much for creative writing *lol*

Cheers
S
Back to top Go down
https://literarycabinet.forumotion.com
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

Number of posts : 2780
Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.

PostSubject: Re: Well, how do you do?   Well, how do you do? EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 8:48 pm

Totally great, right? I'm loving the freedom here. I've invite some people already (and many have joined).
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.

PostSubject: Re: Well, how do you do?   Well, how do you do? EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 8:50 pm

Oh - Overlooked it completely Embarassed

A very warm welcome to you, too, Saiyoko and Coffee Spoons! Smile
Back to top Go down
https://literarycabinet.forumotion.com
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

Number of posts : 4826
Location : The computer of the Biology Research Lab......procrastinating.
Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Well, how do you do?   Well, how do you do? EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 8:05 am

Hey,

Ironically, I used to be the exact opposite of you just a few months ago. Calculus, chemistry, biology, and physics were my life. I hated history and most of all English. I was okay with Spanish, though. Maybe I just have an amazing teacher. I used to think that English was useless, but now I love it--almost as much as math and science!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well, how do you do?   Well, how do you do? Empty

Back to top Go down

Well, how do you do?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Literary Cabinet :: Welcome :: Introduce yourselves here :)-
Jump to: